Dennis from The Beta News, a blog which posts blogging advice, interviews, articles etc, is hosting his first contest and it's quite a huge one!
To enter the contest, he has given many options as below:
Option 1: Follow me on Twitter. At a random time I will announce a keyword on Twitter and the followers will have three hours to mail it to me. A random follower will then be drawn.
Option 2: Keyword in RSS-feed. Subscribe to my RSS-feed and mail the keyword to me. Send the “secret” word to contest (at) thebetanews.com.
Option 3: Blog about the contest or The Beta News content. Write a blog post about the contest, or one of the sponsors, or one of The Beta News posts (for instance one of the Show Me Your Desktop interviews) using relevant anchor text like “celebrity blogger interview, problogger interview or blogging advice”. Another example could be my post about why virtual worlds are the next Web 2.0 money maker. Anchor text examples here could be “Web 2.0 and virtual worlds”, ” webkinz and clubpenguin.com is a money maker” or something similar. Basically anchor texts are links that features keywords about the post being linked to. Remember to Stumble your post and if you think it’s really good, submit it to digg, sphinn or other sites.
Remember to post a link in a comment in the contest post. I will Stumble your post as well. I can only encourage you to Stumble other contestants posts too.
Option 4: Take a picture of your blog “HQ” or desktop. Take a picture or a small video of what your blogger HQ, desk or computer desktop looks like. Post it in a blog post and link to this post.
He's got some nice prizes as well:
- Lorelle VanFossen’s book “Blogging Tips - What bloggers won’t tell you about blogging”the blogging expert. Visit Lorelle on Wordpress. sponsored and signed by Lorelle VanFossen. You won’t find better tips and tricks about Wordpress and blogging in general anywhere else. Lorelle is
- David Airey from DavidAirey.com and Logo Design Love has kindly taken some time out of his busy schedule and is sponsoring his design expertise. David will give the winner a critique of his/hers blog with suggestions and improvements. David has been my “go-to-guy” on several blog design occasions and he was the first to refer me to Brian Gardner. His latest blog , Logo Design Love, is all about his passion for logos.
- Entrecard.com has kindly sponsored three Entrecard Featured Status - This means you get a golden border around your Entrecard for a week. Great way of getting more attention. On top of that, Entrecard also sponsor three Fast Passes. With a Fast Pass you can jump to the top of an advert request.
- One Amazon.com $100 gift card
- One Amazon.com $30 gift card
- One Amazon.de €20 gift card (to make the Euros happy)
- Two $25 in cash through PayPal
- Three The Beta News t-shirts with logo and everything
Contest ends 22 February 2008 and winners will be randomly drawn.
If you liked this post, do subscribe to my RSS feeds via a reader either here or here, or via email. If you've won something from a contest you saw here, do leave me a comment or buy me some paradise juice. Get your daily dose of paradise!